Responsible for all work associated with the evaluation of jewelry and timepieces for auction. This will include providing auction estimates and valuing property for appraisals. You will oversee the consignment process, including cataloging, photography, condition reports, and managing the auction of jewelry and timepieces. You will be the main contact for client inquiries regarding appraisal services, consignments and auctions relating to jewelry and timepieces.
An ideal candidate will develop new opportunities for growth and maintain relationships with the top dealers, collectors, and institutions.
Job Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Art, Art History or related field preferred
- GIA Certified preferred
- 2-4 years of experience working with jewelry, preferably within the auction industry
- Knowledge of contemporary, vintage, and antique jewelry
- Ability to initiate new business
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.