Intake and Photography Assistant – Part-Time
Revere Auctions is seeking individuals with a love for organizing, a helpful attitude, someone curious about art and antiques, and has an ability to not take oneself too seriously. If this describes you please apply for the intake and photography assistant position. This part time position will assist the catalogue team with incoming consignments and photography of items in upcoming auctions. This position is very active and requires standing and walking for all or portions of the day.
- Tag and measure incoming consignments
- Input new consignments into inventory system with accuracy
- Assist with photography by moving objects, updating locations, removing tags
- Assist with setting up gallery for viewing
- Greet clients upon arrival and assist as needed
- Coordinate with shipping/receiving department where incoming consignments should go
- Work with catalogue team on projects as needed
- Data entry as needed
- Condition report assistance as needed
- Eager and willing to learn
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and stand or walk for extended periods of time
Online Catalog Coordinator
Do you love learning about art and objects of all kinds? Does organizing and managing a project from beginning to end sound rewarding to you? Do you thrive in a fast paced environment? If yes, apply for Twin Cities Estate Marketplace’s online catalog coordinator position. This position is responsible for coordinating and implementing online auctions on K-bid, and other sites as needed, from beginning to end.
- Write descriptions for all objects in an auction
- Measure and tag all incoming items
- Assist with moving incoming consignments into the warehouse
- Photograph all items
- Upload items into the K-bid platform
- Manage the auction posting and all incoming questions from clients
- Manage post auction pickups
- Ensure accuracy in customer pickups to make sure all object are released to the correct person
- Take invoice payments
- Create settlements for consignors
- Move and organize all items in the warehouse
- Must be able to maintain an organized and clean warehouse
- Computer literate
- Ability to learn online auction system quickly
- Customer service experience
- Enjoys or is okay with working alone for a large portion of the day
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs repeatedly
- Okay with standing/walking for long periods of the day
Responsible for all work associated with the evaluation of jewelry, timepieces and metals for auction. This will include providing auction estimates and valuing property for appraisals. You will oversee the consignment process, including cataloging, photography, condition reports, and managing the auction of jewelry and timepieces. You will be the main contact for client inquiries regarding appraisal services, consignments and auctions relating to jewelry and timepieces.
An ideal candidate will develop new opportunities for growth and maintain relationships with the top dealers, collectors, and institutions.
Job Skill Requirements
- GIA Certified required
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Art, Art History or related field preferred
- 2-4 years of experience working with jewelry, preferably within the auction industry
- Knowledge of contemporary, vintage, and antique jewelry
- Should be able to write and research jewelry appraisal reports
- Ability to initiate new business
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Internship at Revere Auctions, Minnesota’s premier fine art auction house. This internship will include lots of hands-on work with art–interns will build familiarity with many styles and periods of fine and decorative art, gain object handling skills and experience, and learn inventory management techniques. Additionally, interns will have the opportunity to write about inventory objects that interest them, building writing and marketing skills. Interns will be immersed in the auction process from start to finish, assisting and learning about item intake, cataloguing, and photography, and participating in the live auction on auction day.
Example Tasks Include:
- Research items for upcoming auctions.
- Literary reviews.
- Data management and input into inventory software.
- Moving and measuring inventory.
- Assisting Cataloguers and Appraisers on projects.
- Organization of inventory and office space.
- Assist with photography.
- Assisting on auction days: this can include phone and/or online bidding, manning the front counter, and helping clients.
- 10 hrs/week
- Assisting with one auction
- No experience necessary
This position is unpaid with the exception of auctions after the first required auction, preview days, and other optional events. However, we are happy to work with universities to help you get credit for the internship.
- Writing sample of 300-500 words about an art piece.
- Cover letter explaining your interest in working at an auction house and in the art market in general.
Send applications to:
Please make the subject line: Internship Application.